School Renovation Program
School Renovation Program aims to renovate, incubate and empower educational institutions. As a first phase, we choose to beautify the walls and premises of the anganawadis/primary schools/buds schools across different districts in Kerala. It will be followed by entertainment and engagement activities along with knowledge-based awareness campaigns. With this deed, we aim to renovate and revamp 100+ schools with the participation of 10000 + volunteers across all districts of Kerala with a concept to provide an effective learning space for the students.
1) Create a team of youth interested to volunteer for School Renovation Program
2) Identify a school (anganawadi) in your district, where you are undertaking School Renovation Program
3) Start a fundraising campaign to meet the expense of the initiative (If required)
4) Organise your camp on Good Deeds Day (preferably April 3, 2022) at your schools and gather more volunteers
5) Undertake your own activities in the schools like wall painting, setting up garden, repairing of bench & desk, electrification & plumping works etc
6) Do follow-up initiatives in the schools including entertainment and engagement programs along with knowledge based awareness campaigns.
7) Take pictures/videos, document the initiative and submit a report at the end of the initiative.
1) Certificate of Gratitude to all volunteers from Good Deeds Day (International Organisation)
2) Certificate of Appreciation to all coordinators undertaking the initiative
3) Certificate of Participation to all volunteers undertaking the initiative
4) All coordinators will have free access to The Social Hackathon and grab funding worth $250
5) All volunteers can avail a 25% scholarship for The Social Hackathon and grab funding worth $250
6) All collaborating institution/organisations will have access to organise free capacity development workshops for their volunteers and students.
7) All collaborating institutions/organisations will have access to organise The Social Hackathons for their students and volunteers with 25% scholarship
8) Resources and Goodies including T-shirts, Badges, Stickers etc.
School Renovation Program is an initiative of Captains Social Solutions in collaboration with Good Deeds Day. GDD is an annual global movement of doing good, where hundreds of thousands of people around the world choose to volunteer and help others every day, and align with a positive change. Since 2007, millions of people and thousands of organizations from over 108 countries unite annually to volunteer and #DoGood.
Programs linked to this initiative
Renovation @ Perinad
We had organised our first School Renovation Program at Perinad Gramapanachayth on March 25-27, 2022 as a part of @gooddeedsday
School Renovation Program aims to renovate, incubate and empower educational institutions. As a first phase, we choose to beautify the walls and premises of the Perinad Buds Rehabilitation Center, Perinad Buds School & Anganwadi.